Rankings Results2018 Rankings Results
New Rankings Calculation - 2019
Guide to Rankings System 2019
- Follow the principles of the FEI ranking system
- To provide a system to calculate the vaulters eligible to compete at the British Championships 2019
- First place is better rewarded so that there is a clear benefit in coming first
- Encourage vaulters to obtain high scores even in classes with low numbers with minimum scores limitation
- Encourage attendance at as many competitions as possible and particularly attendance at the British Championships
- Placings in more advanced classes should be worth more points for the rankings trophies system
- Did the vaulter achieve a minimum score (see table)?
Failure to achieve this score means no ranking points for that competition
|Class||Minimum final score required to achieve ranking points|
- Vaulter is allocated points according to their placing in that class
|Regional competitions & Championships||British Championships:|
|1 star||2 star||3 star||1 star||2 star||3 star|
Where there is a draw all vaulters on that placing will receive the same points .
- For the Rankings Trophies awarded at the British Championships: The best 4 scores in any single category (Child Female, Child Male, Junior Female, Junior Male, Senior Female and Senior Male ) over the calendar year will be added together to determine the final ranking positions.
For the British Championships Vaulter Entries: The top 15 vaulters in any single class (Prenovice, Novice, Child 1 star female, Child 1 star Male, Junior 1 star Female, Junior 1 star male etc) will be invited to compete at the British Championships. This ranking will be based on the best 2 scores in that class prior to the British Championships.
NOTES FOR CLARIFICATION:
Insufficient competitions: Vaulters must have competed in a minimum of 2 UK competitions to be considered for a ranking trophy and to be eligible to compete at the British Championships.
No vaulters at a suitable level: Where no vaulters in an age group or class have obtained ranking points no ranking trophies and no entries at the British Championships will be awarded.
Changing age groups for Rankings trophies: Where a vaulter has changed age groups they may only use points from placings in that age group. E.g. a vaulter who competes in child 2 star at the start of the season and then changes into junior 2 star may not use points accrued in child classes towards a junior ranking.
Changing classes prior British championships: Vaulters that have changed classes in the year must have competed in at least one competition at that level prior to the British championships and have accrued ranking points that mean they are in the top 15 at the higher class.
For example best results = Junior 1 star comp first 10 points, Junior 2 star third 7 points – total for consideration for Junior 2 star class 17 points
Zero rankings points despite competing at at least 2 competitions: If there are places left within the top 15 for that class then vaulters will still be invited to attend the British Championships. Where the numbers of vaulters on Zero exceed the remaining places available places will be awarded based on the vaulters with the highest scores at their two best competitions even when these were insufficient for rankings points.